Gloucester Township News & Announcements
2021 Season Registration opens Monday November 9, 2020
Hello Parents – Spring 2021 registration will open Monday November 9, 2020.
This year we will be instituting caps on team size due to Covid-19 restrictions as well as the need to give players ample opportunity to learn and play the game. We understand that this is a change from our past processes, however with safety as our #1 priority we will not be supporting 20+ children on a team with no ability to manage safe distancing.
What you need to know:
- In order to secure a spot on the team, a non-refundable deposit of $25 will be required at the time of registration. Full payment will be required on or before January 6, 2021. (note: we are still accepting full-payment at the time of registration)
- Any team that does not have enough players OR a coach will be refunded the deposit - which means that your child will not be able to play in the 2021 season.
- Once registration for a team reaches the cap amount, a waitlist will start which will also require a $25 deposit. Deposits for waitlisted players who do not have an opportunity to be on a team, will be refunded in January/February once we have final team assignments.
- We will identify if there are large waitlists and notify if there is the possibly of creating another team, however this will require a parent/individual to volunteer to coach the additional team.
What you need to do:
- On Monday November 9th – log on to the GT Lax website ( gtlax.org ) and click the 2021 registration button.
- Register your child/children and pay the full registration amount or the required $25 non-refundable deposit which will secure your spot for the 2021 season. Final payment is due by January 6, 2021. If final payment is not made by the deadline, your registration will be forfeited and the first player on the waitlist will fill the open spot.
- Once a team reaches capacity, it will no longer appear as an option for registration and you will need to click on the Waitlist link on GT Lax website ( gtlax.org ) in order to be registered on the waitlist.
Please Note: A valid US Lacrosse membership is required once teams have been completed. When Registering - You will be able to complete registration, without having a valid US Lacrosse Number. However, upon confirmation that you are on a team, you will need a valid USL number AND it must have an expiration date of June 30th, 2021 or later. If you have already purchased a Valid USL number then you are ahead of the game.
If a player does not have a valid US Lacrosse number, they will forfeit their spot on the team and registration will NOT be refunded.
US Lacrosse is the national governing body in the United States. They also provide the insurance for our program.
Visit US Lacrosse to sign-up for or renew your US Lacrosse number. Your number must be valid through 06/30/2020. A U.S. Lacrosse number registration costs $30 per year and is paid directly to US Lacrosse. We encourage you to check/update your player’s number today so you can be ready for registration.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED!
Receive a refund on your registration when you volunteer as a board member, coach or team parent.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.